Monday, February 5, 2018

Netflix vs. Reading


     Maybe you know that March is National Reading month, and that's all well and good, but if you live anywhere in the northern part of the U.S., you know that February is the time to hunker down and stay indoors.  It's a short month but it can be ferocious.  This is when I get most of my reading done, well that is until I let Netflix take over my life. I'm currently binge watching Jane the Virgin and I can't get enough.  But when I get tired of TV, I will read until my eyes can't take it anymore and then it's back to Jane Gloriana Villanueva in Miami.  I also like a good laugh out loud, and Jane and her telenovela father, her Spanish speaking abuela, her sexy young mother, the two handsome men she loves, and her darling little boy, provide that for me.  And don't forget the romance -- so sweet. And if you've read my books, you know how I love romance. But I digress.
    So even though I'm watching TV, I'm also doing research on my next book.  I love to study human behavior and see how they react in certain situations.  I can do that by reading also, because I am transported to that time and space where the author has placed her characters.  It's a new experience every day, and if I don't like where I am, I can close the pages and move on to another book.
     What I find fascinating is that when I read I can be in a totally different venue than my husband who is reading right beside me.  He might be chasing a bad guy through Washing D.C. in the latest spy thriller, and I could be kissing Rhett Butler in Atlanta.  It's truly magical when you think of it.
     If I were to take a poll I wonder how many of you would choose a book over television.  I'm still a book lover, and always will be, but I have to admit that when Gone with the Wind comes on TV and I can see Rhett Butler in living color on my large screen TV, there is no choice.  So, Netflix vs, Reading.  Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment