Saturday, September 27, 2014

Delays

I am finding out that the worst part about writing a book are the delays in publication. You proofread it yourself many times, you have your spouse and close friends read it, and then it goes to a professional and still there are errors. Finally it is ready to submit for publication.  But to be safe you decide to order a proof copy, just to be sure. One that you can inspect closely and handle and feel the cover.
Yes, that is the stage I am at right now.  And it's a good thing I ordered a paperback copy to hold in my hands and look over.  I found several glitches that need to be changed.  Just minor things, like the fact that the Table of Contents page numbers don't line up, and the dedication page is missing.  Oh, and the worst of all is that for some odd reason each new conversation does not begin on a new line but runs on to the next person speaking in one long paragraph.  And that is throughout the whole book!  I'm very tense right now, but I will get through this.  I will get through this.  I will get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment