Monday, November 2, 2015

Author Confusion

 


     Have you tried to find Jane O'Brien on Amazon by typing in only my name?  If you have, you might be surprised to find out there are other Jane O'Briens, which is very disappointing to me, and probably confusing for my readers.

     When I first decided to publish my books, I checked online and with Amazon and found a few non-fiction books by authors with my name but one person used a middle initial and the other a middle name.  I thought that would be confusing to add my initial to the group, so I decided to leave it out.  A few months after my first book was available, I discovered another Jane O'Brien, a self-published author with about 10 books. That has caused quite a problem for me, and probably for her.

    It seems the 'other' Jane O'Brien writes murder mysteries which is not my genre.  So either her readers or mine are sometimes purchasing the wrong book.  To this date, I have only published The White Pine Trilogy, which includes:
The Tangled Roots of Bent Pine Lodge
The Dunes & Don'ts Antiques Emporium
The Kindred Spirit Bed & Breakfast

My books will always be set in Michigan.

Soon I will be able to release The 13th Lighthouse.  You'll be able to find it by title but the easiest way to make sure you are reading my books is to always go through my author central page.  Use this link to be sure you have the 'right' Jane O'Brien: www.amazon.com/author/obrienjane

Thank you so much for your loyalty,  Jane O'



No comments:

Post a Comment