Monday, April 1, 2024

Spring, here we come!!

     I hope you had a wonderful Easter. It's a time of hope for the future and reflections on the past.

I already have a list of things I want to accomplish this season, now that we are able to move about more easily here in the Midwest. How about you?
First and foremost is publishing my next book, Finding Cade. I have a deadline in my head for sometime in May. I think I"m on track if I don't spend too much time writing here. Ha ha. And I'm so excited because I now have the title for the book after that!
But really, my list is for time with my family, especially my husband. We are going to do small day trips once a week to local tourist places within our state that we tend to overlook because they're always there. My city is growing, but more importantly it seems to be updating at warp speed. Everything is shiny and new downtown. There are so many new restaurants to sample, small shops, and a few new parks to walk. I look forward to picnics at Lake Michigan and to watching the boats go through the channel from Muskegon Lake to Lake Michigan. That last one probably sounds silly to anyone who does not live near water, but to me it is one of the most relaxing things I can do. Just find a bench and watch the boats go by. And it's even better with a book in hand. The sounds of the boat motors putting slowly along ( channel speed is 'no wake') and the lapping waves does me a world of good.
What are your plans for spring and summer? Do you like to sit outside and read? Favorite authors? Do you have any new titles you'd like to suggest? Let's call this a sharing day. I'm truly interested.

May be an image of text
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment