Monday, September 9, 2024

September Morn

 




The song September Morn by Neil Diamond popped into my head this morning. How fleeting the month has been and just like the previous month it promises to slip away just as quickly.  Is it me, or has the world been spinning out of control lately?  It was only yesterday that it was Christmas, then summer, and now we're into fall again.  I have no doubt that Christmas will be over and done with in a blink of an eye. 

So the question is, how do you slow down time, if we can't time travel back to another era as so many of my characters have done? 

I have been trying to take more time for myself by enjoying the little things.  I know it sounds cliche but it does make me feel better.  I want to enjoy every last moment of these warm days.  This week we will find some time to visit Lake Michigan again (my favorite place) which is only 15 minutes away.  I just don't get there as often as I would like.  I need to remember the warm sun on my body, the fresh breeze dancing across my nostrils, the sound of gulls calling, and the hum of boats across the waves.  I love to watch the boats go through the channel from Muskegon Lake to Lake Michigan.  I often wonder about the passengers.  Where are they going?  Are they with friends and family?  Are they looking for sun and relaxation or a day of fishing?  Or maybe both.  

I'm a people watcher.  This is how I gain information for my books.  And my 'happy place' offers more valuable insight on human behavior than anyplace else I've ever been.  

Watch for some new characters that I have created in my new book coming out later this month of September.  The Absconders, Book 5 in Branches of Time by Jane O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment