Thursday, August 20, 2020

Book 5 Excerpt



    I've been known to neglect this blog, and I'm afraid this is one of those times.  I get so involved in the marketing of the new book and then the writing of the next one that I forget some of my duties. I am full on in writing mode for Book 6, and my head gets lost in the world I have created.
    In case you have not yet begun to read Yesterday's Blood, Book 5 of A Slip in Time, I thought I should remind you of how it begins. Here's an excerpt from the Prologue.

He pulled it out to look at the blade again, and when he did, he accidentally nicked his thumb on the hand holding the sheath.  A trickle of blood began to run down his fingers.  The moment he saw the drop of blood moving, he understood what the dark stain on the leather was.  It was blood.  Maybe from a battle or a fight, or maybe a nick from skinning a squirrel; whatever the reason, Daniel instantly understood what was coming next.  He grabbed his nearby cane for balance to try to stop it, but it was too late.  He heard himself yelling, “NOOO!”

No comments:

Post a Comment