Sunday, August 30, 2020

Yesterday's Blood Review

Yesterday's Blood has been receiving some very good reviews.  I am honored that so many of you, either on Amazon or Goodreads, find my books enjoyable. In case you missed it, I thought I would post  a review by Jena C, Henry.  Jena is an author of three fun novels, The Golden Age of Charli: Rsvp; The Golden Age of Charli: Bmi; and The Golden Age of Charli: Gps.  She writes about living in the Golden Years in a very relatable way that had me laughing all the way to the end. I highly recommend her books to boost your spirits and whisk all your troubles away.

Here's her review of my latest book.  Thank you, Jena, for your awesome insights.

Five Stars
I know readers can’t wait to read Yesterday’s Blood, the fifth book in the A Slip in Time series by Jane O’Brien. So, let’s get straight to my thoughts.

Yesterday’s Blood, in spite of the ominous title, is filled with charm and tranquility. Picture this. “Inside the house the sisters moved together in the kitchen just as they had many times over the years, in one century or the next.”
As you can tell, the 1881 life for the 2025 sisters Francine and Dora is now pleasant and normal.

Book 5 paints a lovely picture of the growing towns of Twin Lake and Holton in 1881. Life is no longer frontier living. The towns are bustling. Houses are being built and businesses are opening and thriving. Life is good for Francine and Dora. They each have a man who loves and adores them. They each have found a place in the community.

What about the newcomers? We become better acquainted with the new Doctor, and the other male visitor off the train. We spend more time with Ruth and her family, as well as her friend Mavis. Mavis endures some sadness and problems. But for the most part, contentment abounds. Babies are born, cakes are baked, herbs are collected, marriages are celebrated. The orphan train comes to town. All of these happenings are written in the author’s lovely way with words.

Now what you really want to know about is Daniel, right? Well, all I will tell you is that his story took a turn I wasn’t expecting. And by the end of the story, the blood in the title reveals itself, along with some worries about the future.

I highly recommend Book 5. If you haven’t read the series, you may want to read the earlier books, because this series has so much depth, you will want to take it all in. Thanks to the author for an advance review copy. This is my honest review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment