Sunday, October 15, 2023

Writing Ideas


 



I'm often asked where I get my ideas to write a book. The truth is suggestions are everywhere and I have so many thoughts about what to do next it's difficult to keep myself on track. Soon I will be taking an Amtrak trip across country to visit family. I expect there to be a plethora of beautiful scenery and lots of people watching, so of course I will have a small notebook with me, jotting down every thought that enters my head.
I'm often inspired by real life events such as my first time travel series, A Slip in Time, beginning with Yesterday's Tears. Because I am from a pioneering family in Twin Lake, Michigan (yes, it's a real place) I always wondered what it would be like to go back in time and see how my relatives lived. Years into writing this series, I came across this article and was surprised at how accurately I had hit on certain points. I began to wonder if I was channeling a grandparent. Haha!
Read what Twin Lake was like in the old days.
Sorry, I don't have a date for this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment